1 Information collected
- 1.1 We collect personal information from visitors to the Company Site when you register with us, through the use of online forms and every time you e-mail us your details. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake but never store details of payment cards used.
- 1.2 We collect additional information automatically about your visit to our Website.
2 Use of personal information
- 2.1 We process personal information collected via this Website for the purposes of:
- (a) providing and personalising our services;
- (b) dealing with your enquiries and requests;
- (c) administering orders and accounts relating to our suppliers or customers;
- (d) administering membership records;
- (e) maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource;
- (g) carrying out market research campaign; and
- (h) providing you with information about products and services.
- 2.2 We may use your data to send you information regarding our products or services, products or services offered by other companies within our group, or products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations unless you opt-out on registration to the Website or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2.3 We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
- 3.4 The cookies we use are as follows:
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows pages to display quicker.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency.
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID.
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
your session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
- 3.5 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies may restrict your use of our Website or some of its features.
We will only disclose personal information to other companies within our group of companies, business partners, government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business and suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf.
5 Other websites
6 Access right
You have a right to access the personal data held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com. We may charge £10 per request to cover the administration costs incurred by us in providing you with this information.
7 Internet-based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Last update: 15 September 2014